Do you ever buy a pre-cooked, delicious rotisserie chicken from the grocery store? I know some weeks I just don’t have the energy to cook every night and buying one of these babies can really help out with getting dinner on the table faster.
One of my readers Sarah M. wrote in asking if I could provide some ideas for meals. Here are some of my favorite ideas for using a store bought rotisserie chicken:
- Chicken Noodle Soup: Not only is the meat perfectly tender, but you can use the carcass to make the BEST chicken stock. Here is my chicken stock recipe.
- Chicken Quesadillas: Shred the chicken with 2 forks and melt between two tortillas and cheese (add in veggies like peppers and onions and salsa for an extra kick!)
- Pulled Chicken Sandwich: Ever made pulled pork? You can do the same with chicken, except in this case you don’t need the slow-cooker. It’s already super tender. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and mix well with for favorite BBQ sauce. Put in on a crusty roll and you have yourself a mighty fine sangy.
- Pulled Chicken Tacos: Similar to the idea above, shred the chicken and prepare with taco seasoning as it states on the package. (If you only have a small portion of chicken, then just mix it with 1/4 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of the seasoning. I usually just eyeball it).
- Chicken Enchiladas: You can follow my enchilada recipe here and just add in chicken during step 8 before you bake it! You could also season the chicken like I mentioned in #4 to get some extra flavor.
- Chicken Salad: You could easily make my walnut cranberry chicken salad with rotisserie chicken. Stick it in a toasted pita
Do any of my readers have other ideas to add to this list?
Have a recipe or a cooking question like Sarah’s to ask? Visit my “Suggest A Recipe” form and you might be chosen next.