- 1/2 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz Ortega canned chopped fired green chilies
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, no salt added
- 1 cup low fat cheddar jack mexican cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sour cream
A delicious vegetarian dinner full of protein and flavor. Easily assembled from most things you probably already have in your house, especially if you are a vegetarian :)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in the 1 tsbp olive oil over medium heat for 5-8 minutes (until they start to brown).
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the beans, corn, green chilies, taco seasoning and red pepper flakes. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Brush the remaining olive oil over the inside of the tortillas.
- Spoon 1/4 bean filling down the center of each tortilla and sprinkle with a little cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased baking dish.
- Top with enchilada sauce and the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Top with fresh sour cream.