- 1-1/3 cups Penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup sweet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons light cream cheese spread
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon fresh grated Parmesan cheese (blends with Romano and Asiago are great too)
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil, (not extra virgin)
A great dish for the spring and summer months! Fresh veggies, creamy low-fat sauce and whole grain pasta.
I recommend grilled chicken if you want to add some meat to this dish – keeps it low fat still!
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, oil and garlic in large skillet on medium heat. Add broccoli; cook until slightly tender, 8-12 minutes. Add broth, and cream cheese spread; cook 2 min. or until cream cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Drain pasta; return to pot. Add to vegetable mixture; toss lightly. Cook 1 min. or until heated through. (Sauce will thicken upon standing.)
- Serve sprinkled with a pinch of black pepper