- 6 yukon gold creamer potatoes, whole with skin (should be about 1 - 2 inches in diameter)
- 1/3 cup plain non fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional if you don't like a little kick!)
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped
- Boil potatoes in lightly salted water for 10-15 minutes. You want them to be fairly fork tender, but not mushy. It’s a delicate balance. I usually take one out at the 8 minute mark and cut it in half with a fork and knife to see how tender it is.
- While potatoes are boiling, whisk together yogurt, sour cream, garlic, black pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, and chives in a mixing bowl. Set aside when thoroughly combined.
- Drain boiled potatoes and slice into 1/2 inch medallions. I usually hold the potato down with a fork and slice it that way.
- Allow potatoes to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix potatoes into whisked mixture, making sure to thoroughly coat all of the potatoes in the mixture. Cover in mixing bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving.
- Topped with chopped scallions when served.