You will be stir frying everything together (don’t know how to stir fry or need a refesher? Read more here…) to make the flavor more robust and delicious. As always I tend to make my dishes a little on the spicy side, so feel free to cut back on any of the spice ingredients. I recommend using a basmati or jasmine rice to go with this dish.
- 1 tbsp canola oil plus 1 tsp
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken tenders (or 1 breast sliced into 4 parts)
- 1/4 onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 2 by 1/2 inch sticks
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 tsp chili paste (omit to remove some spice)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Rice (for serving)
- Pinch salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the chicken, garlic, and chili paste. Season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat until just white throughout, 2 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet. Add the onion and zucchini and stir-fry over moderately high heat for 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the curry paste, coconut milk, water, and lime juice and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve over rice.