- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth (or Boullion)
- 3 tablespoons uncooked ditalini or other small pasta, prepared as instructed on box
- 1/4 cup canned white kidney (cannellini) beans
- 1/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup torn fresh spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter and oil until slightly browned (not burnt!)
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Add pasta; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add the beans, tomatoes, spinach, pepper and salt. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.