- ½ cup tightly packed baby spinach
- ⅙ cup walnuts
- ⅛ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. water
- ½ Tbsp. white truffle oil or walnut oil
- ½ Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ lb. turkey loin cut into ¾ in. slices
- ⅛ cup all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Put spinach and walnuts into a blender and blend until it is coarsely minced. Add cheese and pepper and blend until combined. Scrape down the sides of the blender. Through the top of the blender while blending again, add water and walnut or truffle oil (I prefer walnut oil) and ¼ Tbsp. of the olive oil. The mixture should be fairly thick.
- Slice the turkey into 3-4 medallions. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and a pinch more pepper. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the rest of the olive oil to the pan. When the oil is hot, dredge the turkey in the flour mixture and add to the skillet.
- Cook the turkey about 4-5 minutes on each side or until desired tenderness is achieved. Place on a plate and top with the pesto from the blender!
- I usually serve this with pasta or rice to accompany it. Whichever your heart fancies!
This dish (without the added pasta or rice) is only 410 calories! Pretty good for a pesto dish.
Eat and be merry!