I am a salad freak. Although this is not the traditional green based salad, it is still just as, if not more, healthy. Not only that, it is pretty easy to make and this one has only 370 calories!! Plus, who doesn’t love chicken salad?
- ⅛ cup pecan halves
- ⅛ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ Tbsp. rice vinegar
- ⅛ cup fat-free buttermilk (I found I like to use a bit less than ⅛)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ½ lb. cold cooked chicken, diced
- ⅛ cup dried cranberries
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of curry powder
- ½ cup of your favorite lettuce
- Place pecans in a small non-stick skillet. Toast over medium heat until they just smell toasted and turn a light brown shaking to toast evenly. Remove pecans from heat and put on a plate to cool.
- Combine mayo, vinegar, butter-milk, maple syrup, and curry powder in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until well-combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pecans, cranberries, scallions, salt, and pepper. Toss to mix, then pour dressing over salad.
- Line a plate with greens and mound the chicken salad in the middle.
Devour with a smile!