- ⅛ cup pecan halves
- ⅛ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ Tbsp. rice vinegar
- ⅛ cup fat-free buttermilk (I found I like to use a bit less than ⅛)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ½ lb. cold cooked chicken, diced
- ⅛ cup dried cranberries
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of curry powder
- ½ cup of your favorite lettuce
- Place pecans in a small non-stick skillet. Toast over medium heat until they just smell toasted and turn a light brown shaking to toast evenly. Remove pecans from heat and put on a plate to cool.
- Combine mayo, vinegar, butter-milk, maple syrup, and curry powder in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until well-combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pecans, cranberries, scallions, salt, and pepper. Toss to mix, then pour dressing over salad.
- Line a plate with greens and mound the chicken salad in the middle.
Devour with a smile!